Thursday, March 14, 2019

Conservative Party – Dirty Tricks or Cock-Up Update 2


Conservative Party – Dirty Tricks or Cock-Up Update 2
          On 27th February I submitted a motion to the Chairman of “No Confidence in Dominic Grieve MP” for the Annual General Meeting of Beaconsfield Constituency Conservative Association.
On 2nd March I raised with the Agent of the Association that I had received no notification of the renewal of my membership subscription from CCHQ.
On 4th March I was told the motion was rejected because my membership of the Party had lapsed.   On being told this, that day, I and my wife Caroline went to the BCCA office and each of us gave a cheque for £25 in payment of our subscriptions.   I had not received any Notification of Renewal, or Reminder, from the BCCA office, but I had been told in April 2018 that in future CCHQ would be contacting me regarding renewal.
            Today 13th March 2019 I received a letter from Natalie Crosby-Jones, Head of Membership at CCHQ.     Her letter was dated March 2019.   She writes:
Dear Mr Strafford,
Thank you for the support you’ve provided to the Conservatives in the past year.   As a Member, you are a crucial part of our Party, and we are grateful for all the work that you’ve done for us.
She goes on to say that my membership is now overdue and would I renew it today.   Having received the letter I checked my Bank statements to see whether my cheque for £25 had been banked.   It had not.   It is ironic that when I became Chairman of BCCA, one of the first things I had to do was to dismiss the then Agent for incompetence. Top of the list of incompetence was not banking cheques expeditiously.   How standards fall!
If, as per Ms Natalie Crosby-Jones I am still a Member, then why was my motion rejected and who took that decision?
The question now is: Do I cancel my cheque to BCCA and issue a new cheque to CCHQ as requested, or do I wait and see what happens?   You tell me!   I have never known such a shambolic state of affairs, or could it be “Dirty Tricks” to stop the motion going on the Agenda?

2 comments:

  1. There now seems to be a cancer at the heart of our Party. Time for a re-birth of the Real Conservative Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty tricks all round. Disgraceful.

    ReplyDelete