Sunday, October 4, 2020

Tory Party Censorship

 Tory Party Censorship

I have just attended the Virtual Conservative conference session "Meet the Chairmen". This was a question and answer session so I put the following question to the Chairmen: "Why do you refuse to give Party membership and would your answer be different if you were elected by and accountable to Party members? The question was submitted at 7.36pm and was shown as "Your question is currently waiting to be reviewed by the event organiser." I waited only to see many questions including anonymous ones submitted after mine be approved and put to the Chairmen.
Eventually I put another question "Why do you refuse to answer my question? Censorship! Guess what it went in "waiting to be reviewed" These were the only questions put in that category. Will the Party ever learn?
Over the last thirty years I have invariably managed to put a question to the Party Chairman. Not now. With this new technology you just get freezed out,
"When the members fear the Party you have tyranny, When the Party fears the members you have liberty" with due acknowledgement to Thomas Jefferson.

No comments:

Post a Comment